We were nominated by Sarah at Reviews & Read-a-Thons, who posts great reviews on lots and lots of books. Thanks, Sarah!
1. If you could make any book into a movie, which book would it be & who would you cast as the main characters?
Seconds by Bryan Lee O’Malley. We can’t figure out who we would cast as Katie. Someone sort of awkward but mostly sweet and spunky, who is hard working and means well.
2. Where is your ideal reading location?
Erin – The couch (but with lots of blanket)
Peter – My bed.
3. What is the prettiest book cover you own?
The Hopefuls by Jennifer Close
4. Why did you start your blog?
Peter had the idea of pairing our two personal interests together as a way to get Peter to read more and get Erin to play more video games. We felt like a blog was the best way to document our project and inspire us to keep going.
5. What’s your favorite part of blogging?
Erin – For me, blogging forces me to think more critically and carefully about what I’m reading, playing, and writing, and I end up coming to some really interesting revelations I may not have if I wasn’t blogging.
Peter – I like having an outlet for my thoughts and opinions without any external deadlines or pressures.
6. If you could only read one book over and over again for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
Erin – What Is Not Yours Is Not Yours by Helen Oyeyemi.
Peter – 11/22/63 by Stephen King, due to its length and how much I enjoyed it.
7. Do you prefer hardcovers or paperbacks? Why?
Erin – I like having hardcovers but prefer reading paperbacks because they are easier to hold comfortably and I am less weird about writing in them.
Peter – Paperbacks because I get less uptight about them getting damaged, so it’s just a more comfortable reading situation. And since paperbacks tend to be less expensive, there is less of an obligation to the physical object of the book.
8. What do you use as bookmarks, generally speaking? (If you’re a dog-earer, you can confess that, too!)
Erin – We have collected a ton of bookmarks, so I try to use those. BUT I am an off and on dog-earer.
Peter – Just bookmarks. Our favorite independent bookstore gives bookmarks with every purchase, so we have lots.
9. What is the best bookish event you’ve ever been to? What did you enjoy about it?
Erin – The Texas Book Festival! It would always happen right around my church, and I loved walking through the tents to see all the books.
Peter – Meeting David Sedaris as an 8 year old (he was smoking in the children’s section) or when Jonathan Safran Foer gave a talk at our college.
11. How many books do you read a year?
Erin – Last year, I hit 117 books, so I’m aiming for 120 in 2017.
Peter – Between 15 and 20.
- What’s the best book you’ve read in 2017 so far?
- What was your first favorite video game?
- Are there any kinds of games you won’t play?
- Do you read/play one book/game at a time or multiple at once?
- What game or book do you love that other people hate?
- Title your autobiography.
- What was your most read book as a kid?
- If you could get drunk with a literary character, who would you pick?
- What stand alone book would you love to see with an expanded universe?
- What film would be a quality book?
- Who is the worst video game character?
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate other people (preferably those with under 200 followers)
- Give your nominees 11 different questions to answer.