I hope everyone who participated the 24 in 48 readathon got some well deserved rest – I know I did. I’m here this morning with my 24 in 48 wrap up!
- How many books did you read? Pages?
- I completed 6ish books – I read 4 print books (plus 100 pages of a 5th) and listened to two audiobooks. My page count is 1,477, plus 10 hours of audiobooks.
- How many hours did you read?
- 24! And 6 minutes. Woo!
- What do you think worked well in this readathon?
- The Listy involvement was super fun, and it helped that the weather here was perfect for a weekend of reading. 90s and uber sticky plus storms = so much reading time and motivation!
- What do you think could be done to improve the readathon for next time?
- A Goodreads group would be fantastic for talking with other readers over the weekend.
- Will you participate in a future 24in48 readathon?
- OF COURSE! It’s wonderful and fun and gives me an excuse to just spend the weekend with books. I’ll be back!
In other wrap up news, the 6+ books I completed are…
- The Girl With All The Gifts // M.R. Carey
- 5/5 stars. I loved this book so much.
- What Is Not Yours Is Not Yours // Helen Oyeyemi
- 4/5 stars. Some amazing stories, some head scratching stories.
- Troublemaker // Leah Remini
- 3/5 stars. Not outstanding but enjoyable.
- The Shotgun Arcana // R.S. Belcher
- 4/5 stars. Even better than the first in the Golgotha series.
- The Vegetarian // Han Kang
- 3/5 stars. It’s been over 12 hours since I finished this book and I still can’t figure out what exactly I think about this one.
- Why Not Me? // Mindy Kaling
- 3/5 stars. Another funny, crass, and sentimental memoir that was more fun to listen to than I think it would have been to read.
- 100 pages of Sleeping Giants // Sylvain Neuvel
So my 24 in 48 readathon was extremely successful and a ton of fun. Thanks to Listy and everyone involved in running the 24 in 48 readathon – I can’t wait until the next one, which is January 25-26!
If you read some amazing books during YOUR 24 in 48 readathon, let me know what they were! I’d love to add to my hugely huge TBR.
Until next time, happy reading!