Good morning! It is 6:45 a.m. here in Chicagoland and I just returned from my local bakery with donuts, poured my coffee, and am bundled up on our couch with all my books around me. I cannot wait to get this readathon started!
The 24 hours will (ideally) go a little like this – I’ll post an update here on the blog every time I finish a book, which hopefully will be every couple of hours. If you want more regular updates, I’ll be live tweeting the readathon – follow @GameandRead on Twitter. Go Team Emu!
Without further ado, here is my first post of the April 2016 readathon!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Chicagoland! More specifically, Oak Park.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
This is a tough one. I am really excited about Room and The Pickle Index.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
My green green grapes. Sweet and delicious!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in (basically) one sitting when it came out in 2007. I was 16 and actually obsessed with it.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my second Dewey’s readathon – this time I am going to try power napping in order to read through the night!
All right y’all, here we go. HAPPY READING!